Birth and Childhood Edit
Born to Lorien Elder Chilon and Garde Daniella, Five, or Khal as he was called then, was born the first of two children as the oldest brother of Number Two. Like many other Garde children, he was raised alongside his sister by their grandparents while their parents were training to master their legacies. At some point, it was eventually discovered that both Five and Two were chosen by the planet Lorien to be part of the next generation of Elders.
Mogadorian Invasion of Lorien Edit
Arriving on Earth Edit
Moving to Edit
A lean young man at 6'2" with fair skin, tousled raven black hair, a clean-shaven face and a voice described as "strong and confident", Five at eighteen years old is noted by Elaine to look much like his father including good looks. He has gained the attention of several girls with Jessica describing him as "very handsome" and himself noted that he often had no problems when it came to girls. He has a well-build and athletically toned physique with a muscular build, broad shoulders, and well-built arms from his time training throughout the years. Having complete heterochromia eyes, he inherited both of his parents eye colors as his left eye is blue and his right green. Like the remaining Garde, his left ankle has a small scar similar to his amulet as a result of the Loridas Charm while his right ankle has four circular scars that signaled the death of the others.
In many instances, Five gives off a strong and confident demeanor. He is often self-assured in himself, especially in his abilities and takes enjoyment whenever someone takes notice or comment's on them. This shows him to be somewhat prideful. He is also very determined as while he might get frustrated, he doesn't give up whenever he fails to do something at first and pushes himself to do better the next time instead. This determination also has led him to developing a competitive streak and not backing down from anything that is a challenge or that he views as being one. This is further reinforced after he admitted that he doesn't enjoy losing.
He also isn't one to easily be intimidated and is thought to be quite brave.
somewhat short-tempered as he sometimes has trouble controlling his anger and isn't one to sit by whenever someone is being threatened or treated negatively. Five is also fiercely protective over his family and friends which can sometimes lead him to not thinking straight when that someone is in danger. According to Elaine, he has a tendency of placing other peoples needs above his own.
Calm and confident in most situations, Khal wasn't one to doubt himself or his abilities especially in his skills as a fighter and often showed pride whenever someone was to comment on them. At the same time, he was well aware of his own limits and wasn't afraid of admitting to them though he would do his best to hide them when with his allies. According to the Jedi Battlemaster Shriin, a trait he found admirable about his former apprentice was that Khal didn't get down on himself whenever he was wrong or failed to complete a task. He instead took it upon himself to learn from the experience and better himself so that he didn't make the same mistake twice. This same trait also led him to readily accepting any challenge given to him that was meant to test both his mettle and his abilities as a way to further advance himself. Having came from two people who's culture revered combat, Khal often displayed a love for fighting which was considered by several to unbecoming of a Jedi and he was quick to grow excited even at the idea of fighting a strong opponent as he found entertainment in fighting those who were able give him a challenge. In spite of this, Khal didn't allow himself to revel in combat nor would he actively seek it out though he was self-admittedly more willing to get into a fight than another Jedi would. Khal, like some other Jedi, didn't entirely agree with the Jedi Code
Legacies and Abilities Edit
Physical Abilities Edit
As a member of the Loric, Five naturally possesses physical enhancements such as strength, speed, agility, reflexes, durability, endurance, and heightened senses that makes him naturally superior to Humans. According Elaine, his physical abilities are more developed than those of many other Garde which she stated that his father was similar and he has proven to be stronger than the majority of the other Garde children while being evenly matched with Nine.
- Enhanced Strength: With particularly notable strength even by regular Loric standards, Five is extremely strong; even as a child, he possessed a high degree of strength to crumple a metal pole with little difficulty and lift a car then support it with one hand at fifteen years old.
- He was able to effortlessly punch through a thick stone wall out of anger, break through thick chains that had been used to restrain him, lifted a car over his head
- Enhanced Durability and Endurance: As a Loric, Five is much more durable and resistant to blunt force injuries than a human. He was able to jump from the roof of the house he and Elaine were living in and later on from the top of a waterfall and land on his feet with no injuries. After being sent flying through a solid brick wall, he wasn't injured in any significant way other than feeling a dull ache throughout his body.
- Enhanced Speed: As a Loric, Five can run much faster than humans who he described as "being to slow for him."
- Enhanced Agility/Reflexes: As a Loric, Five's agility and reflexes are enhanced to superhuman levels, allowing him to perform various feats that humans would either find difficult to perform without training or outright impossible.
- Enhanced Senses: Five senses of senses of sight, hearing, and touch are amplified to a degree that humans are unable to have. He is able to not only see across long distances but he can also see well enough in the dark that he is able to make out the movements of others though he has admitted to not being able to see as well as Number Seven/Marina with her Noxen legacy. Also, Five has a very heightened sense of hearing as he has stated that he can tell if he is being lied based on the pace of a persons heart beat.
Five, like all the Garde possesses several Legacies including the common Telekinesis, Avex, Temperature Manipulation, Glacen, Pyrokinesis, and Rapid Regeneration. It was noted by Elaine that his legacies began developing at a particularly young age in comparison to other
- Telekinesis- A Legacy common to every Garde, Telekinesis is the first one that Five developed a month after turning eleven while living in ****. He is arguably the strongest out of the remaining five Garde in terms of skill and raw power as a result of having more time to train with the legacy and developing it further than the others. During its first manifestations, he was already strong enough to instinctively send an adult flying through the air and could levitate multiple objects in the air at once though this required a lot of concentration from him. By the time Five was eighteen and moved to Washington, his level of control over the Legacy had increased as he was able to manipulate multiple glass shards while intimidating ****
- Avex- This Legacy is one that Five discovered after moving to Washington and one he tends to rely on to get around since it's development as it allows him to not only levitate but also fly at supersonic speeds. It first manifested after a dream Five had of flying on Lorien and woke up to find himself floating several inches above his bed only to fall down. He initially dismissed it as an unconscious use of Telekinesis though Elaine's insistence that is was a possible sign of a new legacy forming led to him going through training.
- Temperature Manipulation- Five is able to create and control extreme temperature changes which he discovered during the formation of the second scar, causing the temperature in his room to drop to the point that the entire area became covered in a layer of frost. He later discovered the heat aspect of the Legacy sometime after this during an argument with Elaine when he caused . By the time he turned eighteen, he gained much more control of the Legacy . After revealing his alien status to Jessica, Temperature Manipulation was one of the three legacies he showed her aside from Telekinesis and Avex. He did this by first freezing water and turning it into snow then . He is also able to use this legacy in a more defensive and offensive manner such as when he froze an large section of street while being chased by Mogadorian's and projected a wave of heat
- Glacen- Described as being a natural extension of his thermokinesis, Five's Glacen allows him to manipulate ice
- He can use this legacy to create beautiful ice displays that looks like ice crystals bursting from a small point, and then falling like snow. He can also make snowballs by pouring water into his hand, then rolling it over and freezing it.
- Discovered in the events of The Fall of Five. Seven can lower the surrounding temperature, freeze water instantly, and create constructs of ice. Usually, Marina creates icicles that shoot up from the ground when not focusing on creating any particular object. She develops this Legacy when attempting to heal Eight, only to feel the healing energy turn deadly in her, manifesting her ice Legacy. She viciously attacks Five with her new Legacy. She uses this Legacy to keep herself, Six, and Nine cool as they trek back out of the Everglades. When a guy at a diner tries to make a move on her, she freezes his arm. When discovered by a Mog scouting team outside the Florida compound, she freezes the river water between their boats to allow Nine to run over to them and silence them. She nearly freezes Six's arm off while watching Five leave Eight's body to them. She uses this Legacy to excavate a large amount of dirt to set a trap for Ra near the Sanctuary. Recently, Marina has used her Cryokinesis to create twin daggers when she is getting ready to fight.
- Marina develops and unleashes this legacy in anger after Eight's death in the Everglades, at the hands of Five. The temperature begins to cool rapidly as Marina radiates cold, the ice that is created takes shape at her command and a jagged icicle impales Five's foot. Another juts from the ground and takes out one of his eyes. As Marina, along with Six and Nine, travel through the Everglade swamps her mood following Eight's death makes her radiate a constant coldness. In Mexico, Marina is able to combine this legacy with Six's creation of storms to produce an attack of hail stones. She soon develops the legacy to the point where she can quickly produce icicles in her palm to throw at enemies.
- Pyrokinesis- Much like his Glacen, Five's Pyrokinesis is an extension of his thermokinesis
- He can set any object in a high-temperature state causing anyone to feel a burning sensation without infusing fire. He has demonstrated this ability when fighting against street thugs along with Quake, causing his car to heat up when a thug touched it, burning him
- Johnny can generate, create and project fire from both his hands or his entire body, creating and discharging concussive, explosive force when doing so. This allows the fire he shoots out to hit with force similar to missiles. He can also make continuous bursts of fire and heat in streams, in the same ways as a flamethrower. His heat and fire can be as intense as the most powerful of explosions.
- After being exposed to the cosmic radioactive cloud, Johnny gained the power to create and control fire, ranging from using his fingers as a lighter to literally setting himself on fire in order to achieve flight. He's able to do this by heating up from his core with no detrimental effects on his health. Another favorable mutagenic change are his cells' ability to utilize this extra energy by converting it into a moderate-density, plasma-like state that is regulated by a subconscious mental field and can be modified by an act of will. When sufficient quantities of energy are consumed, the Torch unavoidably reverts to his solid state
- Glacen- Described as being a natural extension of his thermokinesis, Five's Glacen allows him to manipulate ice
- Rapid Regeneration- The second Legacy to develop after Telekinesis, Five is able to rapidly heal and regenerate from various wounds and injuries at a faster rate than others. He was able to heal from a gash on his arm in several seconds and recover from broken bones after they were snapped back into place.
Fighting Styles Edit
- Skilled Combatant: While living most of his life on earth, Five underwent training with Elaine
- Having spent most of his life training while on Earth, Five is a highly capable fighter and is well-versed in different forms of fighting including Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, American Kenpo, Kickboxing, and Muay Thai. He is capable of using his legacies for an offensive manner. His skill as a fighter allowed him to hold his own against Number Six and Nine and give them a difficult time. Five could also use his legacies for both defense and offense.
Miscellaneous Abilities Edit
- Quick Learner: As noted by Elaine, Five is a rather quick learner and could pick up information faster than normal people would in much less time
- Multilingualism: As a result of spending a majority of his life moving from place to place, Five managed to pick up a few languages such as
- First Aid:
- Cooking: Despite living on the run, Five has shown several times to be an adept cook. He makes burgers that (according to Elaine) are delicious. Jessica also is a fan of Alexander's cooking.
- Loric Chest: As one of the nine Garde, Five was given a Loric Chest prior to his and the others evacuation from Lorien that contains his inheritance.
- Leather Hidden Blade- A leather sleeve that fits on the wielder's arm and extends a blade from its sheath. This is the first item that Five was given after opening his chest for the first time and he used it for a time before he eventually gave it to Jessica
- Unknown Weapon- A black, metallic cylinder-shaped baton that is four and a half feet long, it is extremely versatile as it is capable of forming into various configurations from both ends of the handle such as a single blade or double-bladed sword with the handle being able to be separated, a spear with one end lengthening into a longer shaft, etc.
- Lorien Crystal- A perfectly smooth stone tied with the Gardes legacies, Five's Lorien Crystal is oval in shape and an mixture of blue and red in comparison to the one in Fours possession. It possesses similar qualities though it is connected to his Temperature Manipulation legacy instead and is used to spread his resistance to heat and cold.
- Macrocosm (Glass Orbs)- Seven glass orbs of varying sizes that, when either softly blown on or shined on with Lumen, act as Lorien's solar system. They display the current condition of the planets or what it looked like before the attack and can merge together to act as a macrocosm of Earth to locate other Garde's on the planet if their chests are open or hear those who have a Red Crystal.
- Red Crystal- A small, red crystal described as being 'warm and tingly' to the touch that is to be paired with another Garde's macrocosm which glows when a macrocosm is in orbit; similar to walkie-talkies, the crystal allows him to speak to another Garde with an operating macrocosm and lets those who possess a macrocosm hear him.
- Healing Stone- A small, very dark black stone that is able to heal almost any injury inflicted with the intent to hurt or kill, and must be used promptly after infliction, and also causes twice the pain of the original injury during the healing process. Works on both humans and Loric.
- Phoenix Stone-
- Five and
- Five and Elaine (Nephew/Aunt, Garde/Cepan, Mentor/Mentee Relationship)
- Five and Jessica (Boyfriend/Girlfriend)
- Five and Bella (Father/Daughter)
- Five and Achilles (Owner/Pet)
- Five and Two (Brother/Sister)
- Five and Four
- Five and Six
- Five and Seven
- Five and Eight
- Five and Nine
- Five and Ellie
- Five is a fan of rap and heavy metal music. He particularly likes Eminem.